Celebrate the project’s accomplishments!
Once the participatory process has reached the project implementation phase, it is important to celebrate the project’s success with the people who contributed. An official inauguration is an opportunity for project leaders to thank those who were part of the participatory process and keep them involved. The inauguration is also a way to increase project awareness, acknowledge the work accomplished, and announce what will happen next.
- Celebrate the project’s success and thank all participants
- Maintain their involvement until the end of a demanding process
- Inform other stakeholders and invite them to get involved for the rest of the project
- Explain and promote the project to the general public
- Officially launch project implementation
- Everyone involved in the participatory urban planning process (citizens, professionals, decision makers, organizations, etc.)
- The general population
- Local stakeholders
- Celebration to launch the plan
- Official inauguration of the completed design elements
- Party with residents
- Press conference
- Distribution of promotional materials